Summer Trip to South Korea 2022, part 1: Airport Drama and Long Time No See

Hello from the other siiiide......


It's me again and now I wanna talk about my trip to South Korea!!! OMG OMG OMG. This is really happening. OMG I am so proud of me. This is my very first solo travelling abroad. And it's not that frightening and now I am addicted to go abroad. It is surely an amazing experience.


But, of course, my journey, my adventure, was not that smooth. Many dramas, LOL. And bcoz I went to South Korea to see a concert, I couldn't freely pick a date. And the most heart-breaking part was the flight ticket price. It was too expensive. Bye bye my money. I will save hardly for the next 6 months to cover up my trip expenses. CRY T.T


I went to South Korea at 23 June, 20.50 or 21.50 (hehe, I forgot) flight with Asiana airlines from CGK, Jakarta to ICN, South Korea. From Jogjakarta, I went by train at 22 June, 23.00 o'clock and arrived in Jakarta in the morning. It was Thursday, and I still had to manage my job by Whatsapp. Beside, I still need to get an antigen test and register myself in Q-Code. Ah, forgot to mention that I also need to go to Korea Visa Application Center to pick my visa and passport. Aaa, many things to do, I was so overwhelmed. I couldn't rest properly since arriving in Jakarta.

First, I went to my cousin house in Depok, had a breakfast with them. After that, I got my antigen test, the doctor was a young man. He asked me why I need an antigen and I told it is for flight requirement so He said "Happy holiday and safe flight". Actually, this antigen result was not used for this flight bcoz the report was in Indonesian (not in English). And I already had a result a day before (22 June 2022) in Jogjakarta and the report had English translation. WHY I did that? For backup plan. See, my backup plan worked.

After that, I went back to my cousin house. I did some jobs and then registering in Q-Code for arrival requirement in South Korea. It was almost noon, I finally get a chance to take a shower and close my luggage. We went to Lotte Avenue to pick up my visa and passport. In Lotte Avenue, I had a chance to buy new McFlurry variant, bubble gum flavor. YES, yummy. From Lotte Avenue, we headed to PIK a.k.a Pantai Indah Kapuk. YEAY again! HORAY. I can try oyster omelette there. YIPPIE.



These are the oyster and shrimp omelette

This was our lunch. I forgot the restaurant name but it was sooooo delicious. LOVE IT

My mistakes today were I didn't charge my phone bcoz I was thinking that I can do that at plane (OMG how dumb) and I didn't drink enough water. I get thirsty and tired, also bcoz the weather was hot. After eating and scrolling in PIK, we were heading to our final destination today, CGK airport. The traffic was pretty good, no traffic jam. After arriving in the airport, we searched for Asiana check in counter. It was not opened yet and I was waiting in queue.


After waiting around 30 minutes (?) the check-in counters were opened. It was not that long until my turn. I submitted my passport, visa, and antigen test result, they were good. I put my luggage and I showed them my ticket booking. And this is when disaster happened.

"Miss, why your ticket named MR. YUFI KARTIKA?"

Hold on, wait, it is MISTER. OMG! HOW DUMB YUFI.


So, my check-in was postponed as I was asked to change my name first in the ticket. How to do? CRY T.T

While having very very very limited battery in my phone (I think it is less than 10%), first I had to buy "pulsa" first, bcoz I only had internet connection. Without "pulsa", I can not make a call. After bought 15.000 "pulsa", I called Tiket.com customer service, I explained what happened and asked for a solution. He told me to wait without hanging up. I waited for 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, He finally came but He only told me to wait another 5 minutes. So, here we go, 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, and the phone cut off. OMG! My "pulsa" was gone and back to 0. AAAARGH so frustrating right?

And it is also SOOOO frustrating seeing HOW DUMB IS ME. 

My battery got lesser. This won't work, I had to charge my phone, so looked for charging port. I bought "pulsa" again, now it is 200.000. And I make a call again with Tiket.com. I explained the situation again, asked to wait again, and finally get the answer. The asked me to send my passport photo and sent them through Whatsapp. I sent it and still no reply. I think 5 minutes had passed, still no reply. I tried to open my email, and this is it. I opened an email from Tiket.com, only to feel more frustrated bcoz they CAN NOT help me. OMG OMG OMG.

I started to panic again. Double panic this time. So I ran to one of Asiana staff that talked to me earlier, and I was transferred to other staff (I think the more higher staff). He asked me my purchase detailed, so I downloaded it from email, and he took a photo if it and sent it to his manager. I was told to wait while he waiting for the answer from his manager. 


FORTUNATELY, his manager told that I still can flight, the will give me my ticket, but they said that they had no responsibility at all after my arrival. Okay, noted.


So, I parted away with my aunt, my uncle, and my cousins, went to the Immigration (fortunately, it was going smoothly) and finally arrived at boarding gate. My phone battery was only 7%, I couldn't find any charging port and I was sooooo thirsty. I was dizzy, I had a headache. Not a bad one, but still disturbing enough. And if I didn't drink water right now, the headache will get worse. So, I bought a mineral water in a coffee shop. I didn't see any better option. And, you know what? A bottle of standard mineral water was 26.500 rupiah!!!! (when normally it is 3.000 rupiah).

IT IS 8 TIMES MORE EXPENSIVE! OMG.

Whatever. I bought it, drink a half of it.

Finally, it is time for boarding. I went inside the plane, reaching my seat. My seat was window seat. Okay, I was fine. I still dizzy, the headache was still there. The person sat beside me was a man, maybe around my father age (?) (I am bad at guessing someone age). He didn't talk much, almost didn't talk at all with me. But, He was very understanding. It was a night flight, so we both went to lavatory before going to sleep.

Ah, I forgot to tell about my very first solo take-off experience.

I WAS SO SCARED. I was so scare, and my head was dizzy. I tried to be as calm as possible. And the plane was finally take-off.

I pray and pray and pray. The plane took off, and this is it. After experiencing plane took off I thought it was not that bad. Now I am not that scared to take a plane, I can travelling by plane. To reminded you, my phone battery was only 7% and I couldn't charge my phone at plane, LOL. So I turned it off and will turn it on again in Incheon airport. Unfortunately, the monitors were all error, not gonna showing any entertainment at all. But it is okay since we could just sleep till the morning.

I tried to sleep, but, it felt strange. I couldn't picture whether I was sleeping or just shutting my eyes. Like every 15 or 30 minutes, I woke up, fixed my position, and tried to sleep again. It was quite uncomfortable. But, suddenly, morning came. So, I supposed had enough sleep. Actually I want to go to the lavatory, but the man next to me was still sleeping. And I also scared that I might poop if I go to lavatory. So, I just sit and wipe my face with wet tissue.

Next, the cabin crew came and offered breakfast, porridge or omelette. I don't know why I flustered that time and chose omelette. I finished my breakfast, I didn't eat my sausage bcoz I was not sure about it. Not that long, time for landing finally came. I was not that scared, and Alhamdulillah the landing went smooth.

Alhamdulillah.

It was a very safe flight.

Alhamdulillah.


After arriving in Incheon airport, I turned my phone on and following other passengers. I passed the Q-code, then passed the Immigration, lastly headed to claim my baggage. It was quite easy, even easier than in Jakarta. And also took less time. I was very impressed and relieved. Arriving at baggage claim, I can directly find my luggage (bcoz it is an orange one), took it, and went out.

FINALLY, I ARRIVED IN KOREA!!!

I turned my wifi and connected to airport wifi. I tried to contact my brother but maybe He would arrive about 1 hour later. Oh, and I charged my phone and I just sit and relax. I was waiting while listening to iKON in YouTube. I was addicted to JAY and Moon Sujin cover in Begin Again, with "Because of You" song. Try to watch it on YouTube everybody.

After 1 hour, my brother came. Nah, long time no see. I was already had something in my mind. I want to record a video of my brother when he came, and give iKON song - Long time no see in the background. We took that video, but I thought it was not good enough, hehe.

We took a subway to go to Seoul.

WOAAH, I AM IN KOREA, YEOROBUUUN.

My brother and I, inside the subway. OMG, I want to go back to Korea :(

Maybe around 1 hour subway trip, we arrived in Itaewon. I was not sure whether bcoz of the time (still in the morning?) or day (Friday, weekday), but Itaewon seems peaceful, not crowded at all. We were walking and passing a Kebab store. Hmmmm, smell so goooood. My brother agreed that it was smelled so good so we decided to eat kebab first.

OMG. My very first meal in Korea.

Sultan lamb kebab

The kebab was delicious, but, that's all. Ah, the spicy sauce was also delicious. After eating kebab, we continue our journey. My brother stopped at a local market to buy "Bawang goreng". Finally, we arrived at our original plan, Yell-o chicken. My brother wants to eat chicken and he said that this place served delicious chicken.

The store was opened but they haven't ready to serve. The asked us to wait and it is okay. Since there was no one in the store except us, I lied down a minute bcoz my back hurts. And the owner saw me. I was automatically waking up. At 12.00, the chicken was served. It was so delicious. It was Korean style but I could taste a middle east spice (?). After eating, I waited my brother whom had a pray in mosque.


After that, we went to Myeongdong where our stay located. We went to Myeongdong by bus. Another first experience of me. In Myeongdong, we visited Olive Young in the first place to search for sunscreen and blush on that my friend requested. But there was none of them. Olive Young is like Watson or Guardian, they sell make up and skin care. They have SOOOOO MANY branches. LIKE SO MANY OF THEM.

We originally want to buy snacks in CU convenience store, but we didn't find what we want so we just bought Hershey's milk. It is delicious! Definitely will buy it again!!

We came to our stay, and here we go again, our DRAMA. Actually, I had noticed that my brother could make a mistake in the room booking. According to the plan, we will check out at 26 June but I received an email saying that the check out date is 25 June. I tried to confirm to my brother once but didn't solve it. I was still overwhelmed in Indonesia, and I don't want my brother panicked bcoz he made a mistake. Soooooo, the drama happened. We just booked the room for 1 night, when we need it for 2 nights.

FORTUNATELY, we can extend our stay bcoz they still have vacant room.

Alhamdulillah.

Recommended by my brother. He said, he bought it every morning when he first come to Korea.


Our stay in Myeongdong. 5 stars !!!!

After unpacking a little, I took a shower. FINALLY, FINALLY I TOOK A SHOWER after 24++ hours. Our plan for this evening was going to YG and SameE cafe, Hangang, and dinner in Singil Jjampong. We went to YG by subway. That time, I started to feel tired of walking. LOL. Arriving in front of YG building, I was like,

OMG. MY DREAM COMES TRUE. I AM IN FRONT OF YG!!!

I am sooo happy. I can see it myself, YG building. I took some photos and went to SameE cafe. I had a window shopping in SameE merchandise store. I want to buy many things, but......no money. It was my first day, so I can not spend much. We just bought a pink lemon ade and relaxed in SameE cafe while waiting for sunset. Approaching sunset time, we went to Hangang by subway.

OMG HANGANG! HANGANG WAS ALSO ONE OF MY TOP PRIORITIES PLACE TO GO IN KOREA.

It was a nice evening in Hangang. Maybe not a beautiful sunset, bcoz it was cloudy, but it was still fascinating :)) I am that happy.

After took some photos and enjoying Hangang, we went to Singil spicy jjampong to have dinner. We took a bus and ordered 1 bowl of jjampong. It was soooo Korean and delicious!!!! My brother said He will have it again in this trip (wait for the next post).

We finally went back to our stay and took a rest. Before going to bed, we were planning where to go and what to do tomorrow.

TODAY WAS SOOOOO AMAZING. SPEECHLESS

YG Entertainment building in front of me!!!!

The pink lemon ade, 4.500 KRW

Hangang


Singil spicy jjampong


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Day Before My First Tentamen

Sweetest-2-months part2: Homesick, JJS naik mobil Bu Lurah, dan Bonding Nite Diketawain Abida

99 Naga di Langit Eropa