Summer Trip to South Korea 2022, part 4: 7 is my lucky number

Hello again... We are already in 2023, and I have so many drafts about South Korea trip and 2022 recap. First, let me continue the story about summer trip to South Korea.

We stayed in Daejeon, at my brother's dorm. Unfortunately, that day he need to go to the lab to do some work. So, here I am, planning to exploring solo, without internet connection in my phone.

This is very important, without internet connection! LOL. Actually, we have tried to buy local simcard at the convenience store, but we couldn't activate it and my brother was in hurry. So I just screen captures all routes for today and prayed that I don't get lost.

My first destination was Daisy cafe. It is a cafe with cozy ambience recommended by my brother and the location is not that close. I went by bus and tried to count the number of passed bus stop. OMG OMG OMG. The bus in Daejeon is different with Seoul bus. The screen that informing us about next bus stop is only written in Hangul !!! The voice announcement is either only in Korean or the English translation was not clear enough. I need to find Techno Valley 7 bus stop to go to Daisy cafe.

Oh noooo. Now, what to do. I tried to count the passed bus stop but got confused. When I was about arriving in Techno Valley, the screen show number "7" which was noticed by me.

Hm, maybe the next stop is Techno Valley 7 because it contains "7". So, I got off from the bus. I tried to ask a grandpa (?) that also got off, "Is it Techno Valley 7?", and he vaguely replied "yes".

Fiuh, I succeed !!

The next thing that I need to do was crossing the road, walked, and arrived in Daisy cafe!

I ordered their signature latte, it was delicious. The place was cozy and filled with many vintage decoration. I spent 4-5 hours there. As the time passed, the AC started to felt cold and I frequently visit the rest room because of that. The rest room is unique because it has an open window, LOL. But, because Daisy cafe is located in the countryside (?), surrounded by paddy field, I felt safe even there is open window.

At 2 o'clock, I started to feel hungry. I planned to meet up with my brother who had finished his job in a famous bakery in Daejeon, called Sumsingdang.

I've screen capture the bus route that I need to take to go to Sumsingdang, so I am ready to go. In the bus, I just realized that there is a free wifi!! LOL. I was not afraid to get lost again, because I was connected to wifi. I tracked my journey on my phone. The journey to Sumsingdang bakery is quite far. In the middle of my trip, there were many grandma took the bus and 1 of time sat beside me. I was nerveous. So I texted my friend who familiar with Korean,

"What's the formal Korean word of 'sorry'?"

"Joesongaeyo"

"Aa, araso, gomawo".

But at the end, I didn't use that word because the group of grandmas were get off before me.

View from the bus

Finally, I was arrived at Sumsingdang. I tried to enter the bakery, but got confused because the bakery was crowded and so many type of bread. Because I haven't research, what bread to buy, so I decided to leave the shop and waited for my brother.

I waited....waited....10 minutes....20 minutes....30 minutes.....60 minutes.....my brother didn't come.

I was uneasy so I decided to enter Sumsingdang cafe, bought something to drink or eat and connected to their wifi. Finally I bought hot chamomile tea. My brother told that something came up, and he suggested to meet up at other place to have dinner, because, Sumsingdang is quite far from my brother campus. So, we agreed to meet at a train station near our future dinner place.

The chamomile tea

Ah, and you know what? I wanted to pee, quite badly, but I need to wait my brother because I didn't have wifi. When he arrived at the train station, I instantly look for rest room. Strangely, there was no one in the rest room. When I enter the toilet, I check the flush first, and it didn't work! I tried to look for another button, and press a button that caught my attention. UNFORTUNATELY, it was an intercom! LOL. Someone there talk in Korean, I guessed he ask "Whats wrong?", IN KOREAN.

So I just replied, "I am sorry, I press the wrong button".

So, I couldn't pee in this train station.

We walked to our dinner place, it is SUSHI. We ordered a sushi platter and udon. And of course, I could pee in their rest room. After eating our sushi, sadly we left some because I am afraid of getting allergy due to eating unknown seafood, the waiter gave us small drink topped with a cube of pineapple. We tried to refuse but he insisted.

My brother took a sip and it taste strange. He texted his friend, and his friend replied, "It probably sake."

He rushed to rest room to gargling. Poor him.

After we finished our dinner, we went to e-mart as I requested before. I wanna buy maaaany snacks for my family and friends. After arriving in e-mart, we were stopped by the security because my brother hold a cup of ice coffee. She said that we must either drink it or toss it. My brother said he couldn't drink it, so I decided to drink the coffee.

Nah, because I didn't prepare much before going to Korea, I don't knw what to buy. So, we ended up shopping while watching one of Bianca Kartika vlog in e-mart and bought products that she mentioned. I bought soooo many items that can filled my luggage.

OMG, I was soooooo tired. I couldn't feel my foot anymore. I didn't have any energy left. LOL. In our way home, my brother that his story. He asked, "Is it strange that I haven't think about marriage or dating at all?"

Then I replied, "OF COURSE NOT. Look at me. I am 5 years older, and I haven't think about marriage or dating at all".

LOL.

to be continued in part 5

Guyss, this is delicious!! This is not from Bianca Kartika vlog, but from Kim Jinhwan live. kkk


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Day Before My First Tentamen

Sweetest-2-months part2: Homesick, JJS naik mobil Bu Lurah, dan Bonding Nite Diketawain Abida

99 Naga di Langit Eropa